Click here to read "Some Thoughts on Happiness" - Shani's letter to her children, which was read at her levaya.

Click here for information on how to give tzedakah in Shani's memory.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Love from Linda

As I get up from shiva for my mother, also Raizel, I marvel at how many similar qualities she and Shani shared. Friendship. They always made you feel that what you were saying and how you were feeling was the most important thing to them. When Esther came to pay a shiva visit to my sister and me, she commented that Esther, Channie and Shani were always best friends. It reminded me of something Mark Weiss said at Howie`s lavaya. He said that everyone believed that they were Howie`s best friend. So too with Shani, we all believed that Shani loved us the most. SELFLESSNESS. Shani and my mother were selfless and caring and positive people, with an inner strength that I saw in my mother as a Holocaust survior and in Shani as a thirty year warrior in her battle with a disease she fought so bravely to erraticate. I am trying so hard to follow Shani`s words of wisdom. Enjoy today and do not worry about tomorrow. If we spend today worrying about tomorrow, we will lose today AND tomorrow. But right now I only feel lost, because I just lost my two best friends.  

-- Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would appreciate it if you would include your name rather than posting anonymously. Thank you!