Click here to read "Some Thoughts on Happiness" - Shani's letter to her children, which was read at her levaya.

Click here for information on how to give tzedakah in Shani's memory.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Letter from Zahava to James Lapin (Shani's Kidney Donor)

Dear Mr. Lapin,

On behalf of my brothers and I, I would like to extend Hakaras Hatov to you. Although
words cannot adequately express how grateful we are to you, I would like to try.

I would firstly like to tell you a little bit about the wonderful person you are helping. Our mother has been sick for a great part of my childhood. And although she was always visiting doctors, passing kidney stones, taking medications causing her hair to thin, face and legs to swell up, she was never our "sick" mother. She made our lives and herself as normal as any other. We never really knew if she was not feeling well or too tired to cook dinner, drive carpool, take us shopping, and everything else a mother does. She did not want her children to have that burden, and we truly did not. Not only however is she not a "sick" mother but she is the most giving, loving mother to us. My mother is honestly my best friend. Now that I am a mother myself I am grateful to have such a great role model to guide me. My mother is not only an amazing mother to us but she is as dedicated to her grandchildren. "Savti" is a vital part of our children's lives. With her amazing enthusiasm she is constantly showering them with love, attention, and of course presents! With your gift we look forward to having her continue to guide us with her love and wisdom for many more years to come.

Besides for being a special mother, she is simply a very special woman. Throughout my life I have met friends, acquaintances, and strangers all telling me different stories demonstrating my mother's kindness and sensitivity. She is always involved in helping others. She is a real sweetheart. I don't really think my words can capture her character. But I would like you to know that she is very special.

Once again I would like to thank you. It takes an extraordinary, selfless, kind person to do such a tremendous chesed. I would also like to thank your family, especially your wife for supporting you in this undertaking. As a wife and mother I can only imagine the inner strength necessary to be part of such an endeavor. Everyday when I daven for the health of my mother and family I also pray for you. I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Thank you again,

Zahava Goldberg


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would appreciate it if you would include your name rather than posting anonymously. Thank you!